I have been meaning to post about our 🦖DINOSAUR WEEKEND!
Last weekend we randomly decided to make our weekend dinosaur themed. It began while reading one of our favourite books about dinosaurs which lead to crafts, a library visit to find more dinosaur books, drawings, playing with all the dinosaur toys and more.
The kids absolutely loved it and kept coming up with ideas to add to our weekend theme. And in a way it helped to minimize those post holiday blues. Hubby and I even watched the Jurassic World movies 😂
Swipe to see some of our activities:
– Dinosaur puppet using coloured paper, glue and a paper bag
– Lift-the-flap Questions and Answers about Dinosaurs from Usborne books
– Mr Men Adventure with Dinosaurs by Roger Hargreaves
– The Dinosaur That Pooped A Planet by Tom Fletcher and Dougie Poynter
– Step into Reading Jurassic World Dangerous Dinosaurs adapted by Courtney Carbone
– The Dinosaur Atlas by Don Lessem
– Followed tutorials from @artforkidshub – Followed drawing instructions from The Dawing Book For kids 365 Daily Things to Draw: Step by Step from Woo! Jr Kids Activites
I have made a new hashtag #ourweekendtheme om @instagram
Feel free to join in and please tag me if you do so I can share in stories. The idea is to have fun with it and not feel the pressure. Keep it simple or be extravagant whatever provides the most fun. Choose your own theme or join in with ours.
We will strive to have a different theme each weekend 🙂