I do like easy, simple recipes that I can work into the day or even better can make while I am cooking dinner.
Granola is a must in our household. The kids love it so much and get so excited when we make it, which is usually late afternoon on a Tuesday. This is because the oven is usually on anyway because it’s baked potato and tuna salad night!
I like that it’s a simple 3 ingredient recipe, not just because it is quick and easy but because we usually already have the ingredients in the house.
- 2-3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3-4 cups of rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 356 F (180 C)
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper (or spread a thin layer of coconut oil)
- Melt the coconut oil and honey in a medium sized pot
- Once melted add the oats and stir until covered
- Spread the mixture onto the baking tray
- Bake for 6 minutes and stir
- Bake for a further 5 to 6 minutes (until golden brown)
- Cool and store in an airtight container
At this point you can add desired extras like nuts, raisins, cranberries, puffed rice etc.
We usually add granola to yogurt and cereals and sometimes ice cream 😀
One of my favourite snacks is adding granola and chopped apple to Greek yoghurt (mixed with cinnamon and honey of course)
Happy page turning and granola making x
©️ Lisa Moralee McLardy