The tree is up and the boys just love it! The decorations to don’t seem to stay in the same place though…
Carson (age 2) has been particularly fascinated with the tree and keeps taking the decorations on and off resulting in a few swaying moments for the tree. Enter the Christmas tree craft. We had fun making a tree dedicated for play and putting decorations on and off, on and off, on and off. You get the idea. I am pretty happy with how this turned out and the boys are enjoying it, which was the purpose of the craft.
This is how we made our tree for play.
- Green paint
- Paint brush
- Clothes pegs
- Festive decorations/any kind of decoration (stickers, coloured paper etc).
- After the cardboard was folded in half I drew half a tree and then cut it out.
- A little elf helped to paint both sides of the tree using green paint.
- We chose to paint the pegs green to blend in with the tree but other colours but other colours would work too!
- Once the tree and pegs were dry the pegs were attached around the tree.
- I added sting to one peg and attached to the top of the tree to hang up.
- Lastly the boys were invited to decorate, decorate, decorate then take everything off and repeat! Owen and Carson also stuck twigs on that had fallen off the real tree. Stickers and glitter can also be added. Battery operated lights and a star we added to finish off the tree.
Let us know of you make your own tree and send a picture too if you wish.
Happy page turning and tree making x
©️Lisa Moralee McLardy